This crochet pillow pattern is my way of starting the new year off right!
The new year is upon us and, I’m sure you’ll agree, here’s hoping it’s a all hell of a lot better than last year. Because 2020 was a fucking dumpster fire.
<<Pin This Crochet Pillow Pattern For Later!
Crochet Pillow Pattern - Mood Swing
So let’s look ahead to a better year yeah?
My new years resolution is to take better care of myself. Between pregnancy and the stress of 2020 with Covid, elections, starting a business and being basically stuck at home with a 4 year old, I’ve realized I haven’t been doing the best job of that.
Outside of my crochet anyway. Because seriously that’s about the only reason I’m still somewhat sane right now.
That’s where the idea for this pattern was born.
I wanted to incorporate two concepts…
1. I wanted to challenge myself and you, my fellow yarn addict, to try a new technique with our stitching. In this pattern we’re playing with colorwork in a different way. I utilized linked double crochet stitches and linked cluster stitches to achieve a different fabric than one gets with traditional single crochets used in most colorwork!
2. I wanted us to remember to take care of ourselves this year!
There’s been a lot of chatter about loving yourself or taking care of yourself first. Maybe it seems like that concept is getting a little over pushed, but seriously friend…it’s that important.
You cannot pour from an empty cup. #Cliche #BecauseItsTrue
But you know what else is important? Speaking your truth.
So this pillow is meant to help you express yourself on the days that you feel inspired and want to spread love and positivity and then again on the days when you just need everyone to fuck off and leave you alone.
Because both of those are perfectly valid states of mind friend.
To purchase this pattern just click the link below! And scroll down if you’d like a bit more info before you buy!
Get the pattern!
10 Free Printables that only the classiest of yarn addicts will appreciate
Sign up and get yours today!!
Oh hey, just so you know! This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and purchase anything, I will receive a small portion of the sale from the seller. There’s ZERO extra cost to you. And don’t worry, I wouldn’t suggest something to you that I wouldn’t suggest to my own family, because that would be shitty and I prefer not to be shitty to people. Thanks for supporting my little business <3
aka The Boring Shit.
I also want to note that I do not recommend this be the first colorwork piece you ever do. I want you to already be familiar and comfortable with carrying your non-working color. If you are just starting out with colorwork, I would suggest you try one of the following free crochet patterns first!
- Yarn Needle
- 18″x18″ pillow form
- Optional Buttons (see Note in Finishing section of pattern)
Using 5.0mm hook and yarn (A) or (B), 14 linked double crochet stitches and 8 row = 4″x4″
Fits an 18″x18″ pillow form
beg – beginning
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half-double crochet
rep – repeat
RS – right side
sc – single crochet
sl st(s) – slip stitch(es)
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
tc – triple crochet
WS – wrong side
Crochet Pattern Notes
- Ch 3 at beginning of each row counts as first stitch, so work first linked double crochet into top of second stitch in previous row.
- Graph is worked in linked double crochets and clusters.
- All RS rows are worked in the back loop only of the previous stitch (with the exception of Row 1 since it’s being worked into the starting chain.
- All WS rows are worked in the front loop only of the previous stitch.
- So (A) = LDC in Flower Garden and (B) = Cluster in Whipped Cream.
Special Stitches within this Crochet Pattern
Don't forget to pin this page for later so you can come back to this pattern whenever you want!
<<Pin this crochet pillow pattern for later!
There are more great patterns to be had!
Collect them all!!